We booked in the internet of a relaxing weekend break! and payed 123 euros per night with breakfirst included for a twin-room with front sea view.
in the reception the staff are firndly and very helpfull. and the lobby area is very modern and nice, with pleny sofas and relaxing spots.
the room was very big, modern and sofisticated, with plasma Tv, fancy beds and sofas, a big balcony with sea view. the bathroom, was very nite too, with bath facilities separeted from the sanitaries. very good.
The spa area is one of the best i ever stayed, although you have yo pay just to enter it (15 euros),its marvelous!!!!!! as well as the indoor pool and jacuzi!
at dinner we went to the restaurant: what a disapoitment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was italian night! and froom Italy maybe a couple of pastas and the rest it was the normal and booring international food with few choices... the salad dressing brand were from the local super-marked (the cheapest you can buy......) - not for the standart of the rest of the hotel.......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Madeira is a modern and elegant five-star hotel with a contemporary design that will enhance the availability of quality accommodation options for both business and leisure travelers to Madeira Island. Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and boasting magnificent sea views, the hotel is conveniently located a few meters of the sea, in close proximity to the small pebble beach, Gorgulho and offers direct access to the Oceanside promenade. The Resort offers free Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas, an indoor and outdoor pool and a spa. Elegantly-furnished rooms offer a balcony and cable TV. Some rooms of Meliã Madeira Mare include scenic views of the Atlantic Ocean from the balcony. Many of the hotel’s rooms also have a sitting area.Guests can relax in the jacuzzi and sauna at Meliã Madeira Mare’s spa. Massage treatments and a steam bath are also offered.Free parking is available. Madeira International Airport is a 25-minute drive away. Meliã Madeira Mare is a 5-minute walk from the center of the city.Meliã Madeira Mare’s restaurant serves a breakfast buffet and themed buffets for dinner. A la Carte menu is also available. The hotel’s pool bar provides refreshing beverages and light snacks for lunch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Melia, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Melia Madeira Mare Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Madeira Mare Resort And Spa
- Melia Madeira Mare Hotel Funchal
- Sol Melia Funchal
- Melia Madeira Mare Resort & Spa Funchal