My husband and I returned recently from a week's holiday in Madeira, staying in this hotel. This was our second trip to Madeira, the first time staying in a very different hotel, the well-established and famous Reid's Palace. We had loved Reid's and were expecting not neccessarily to find the Melia hotel of the same standard, but wanted to try this new and modern hotel, slightly further out of Funchal. From the website I had loved the modern decor and spacious outside areas, not just the pool/restaurant area, but also the terraces and balconies attached to the rooms and when I arrived at the hotel I was not disappointed at all. We had a lovely welcome from reception, and were delighted with the room, (I had booked a master suite), we had been allocated (not usually the case, I've lost count of how many times we have had to change rooms in the past). It had a lovely large terrace, a sitting and dining area, a large well-equipped bathroom and a lovely bedroom. Breakfast the next morning was very good, a varied and delicious choice of both hot and cold, including omelettes, Madeiran breakfast pastries and lots of fruit. The hotel, as the rest of Funchal, was pretty quiet this time of the year. I used the spa and the indoor pool a couple of times, the spa was absolutely lovely and the indoor pool very good. All the staff were friendly and efficient, and didn't rush you at all. So, all in all, this is the hotel we will return to when we visit Madeira again, which we hope will be reasonably soon. I recommend both the island and the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Madeira is a modern and elegant five-star hotel with a contemporary design that will enhance the availability of quality accommodation options for both business and leisure travelers to Madeira Island. Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and boasting magnificent sea views, the hotel is conveniently located a few meters of the sea, in close proximity to the small pebble beach, Gorgulho and offers direct access to the Oceanside promenade. The Resort offers free Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas, an indoor and outdoor pool and a spa. Elegantly-furnished rooms offer a balcony and cable TV. Some rooms of Meliã Madeira Mare include scenic views of the Atlantic Ocean from the balcony. Many of the hotel’s rooms also have a sitting area.Guests can relax in the jacuzzi and sauna at Meliã Madeira Mare’s spa. Massage treatments and a steam bath are also offered.Free parking is available. Madeira International Airport is a 25-minute drive away. Meliã Madeira Mare is a 5-minute walk from the center of the city.Meliã Madeira Mare’s restaurant serves a breakfast buffet and themed buffets for dinner. A la Carte menu is also available. The hotel’s pool bar provides refreshing beverages and light snacks for lunch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Melia, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp and Odigeo so you can book your Melia Madeira Mare Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Madeira Mare Resort And Spa
- Melia Madeira Mare Hotel Funchal
- Sol Melia Funchal
- Melia Madeira Mare Resort & Spa Funchal