Excellent, modern hotel. The rooms were large and luxurious and we loved the roof terrace with the swimming pool and bar. Happy hour between 6pm and 8pm was most enjoyable, although the prices weren't expensive even outside happy hour. The staff were very helpful and friendly, particularly the lady on the roof top bar. Restaurant UVA was fairly pricey but worth it.
The cold breakfast buffet was very good with a good selection of fresh fruit and pastries etc. Hot buffet was reasonable, however, I did think it was a little surprising that they charged an additional €4.50 if you wanted any type of eggs other than scrambled.
The hotel is in a very good central location. However, we had a room on the 3rd floor at the front and it was a little noisy on the weekend nights. I imagine rooms on the higher floors would be quieter.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay at the Vine and would certainly stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel with soul, just like a good wine. The Vine is sophisticated and luxurious. With a touch of simplicity and discretion, just the way you like it. A dip in the panoramic pool, a vino-therapy session in the spa or a gourmet dinner with a view over the city: these are just a few of the pleasures awaiting you at The Vine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, TravelUp, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, HostelWorld, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The Vine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Vine, a Divine Hotel Hotel Funchal
- Vine a Divine Funchal
- The Vine Hotel Madeira/Funchal