Positives: location is first rate, it's a design hotel and reflects that with the aesthetic drawing from features of Madeira. All is in good shape, staff are friendly, breakfast is really excellent and the rooftop bar, pool, jacuzzi, spa and restaurant are all impressive.
Negatives first: No problem with the shopping centre location, though agree with some comments about design over comfort - some will not like the pebble effect flooring and the bathroom lighting is poor, especially for someone applying make up. My other half just moved the vanity mirror to the desk...easy but not ideal. The fact that the plastic wall between the loo and shower is see-though is between odd and madness.
Overall, well recommended and excellent value when we went, but watch out for the quirks in case they don't suit you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel with soul, just like a good wine. The Vine is sophisticated and luxurious. With a touch of simplicity and discretion, just the way you like it. A dip in the panoramic pool, a vino-therapy session in the spa or a gourmet dinner with a view over the city: these are just a few of the pleasures awaiting you at The Vine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, HostelWorld, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your The Vine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Vine, a Divine Hotel Hotel Funchal
- Vine a Divine Funchal
- The Vine Hotel Madeira/Funchal