Stayed at The Vine for one week, from Mar 9 to 16. This was our 5th time in Funchal.
We chose this hotel because of location, and that is one of the best in town (we have never been in Lidoa area and will never go). We had normal superior room looking to the harbour, a little sea view, nice. Good beds, no extra noice from anywhere. Good space. BUT...
Bathroom and toilet are two places where at least we prefer privacy. Smoked glass walls in toilet and shower, well well... Bath tub as a part of interior design in open bathroom.
Surface materials on tables were wrong, they looked dirty with glass bottom rings all over. Also all the doors of wardrobe closets looked dirty - and how difficult it was to open those doors, some kind of handles... I lost couple of nails.
The pool area was really nice, some times little windy.
And then the breakfast buffet. Poor. Seven mornings, allways the same, no changes, all the food even on same places all the time. No fresh tomatos, cucumber, any kind of lettuce, just those scrambled eggs, bacon, beans, cereals, orange juice... This kind of breakfast buffet demands nothing from the kitchen staff! If you compare this breakfast to Four views Baia or Porto Santa Maria at the harbour you understand what I mean. I forgot, all the bread was good!
Service at the pool and at breakfast was good, but sometimes I thought 1 or 2 persons there would do good.
Nice hotel, very different, sometimes little bit odd - so design, but maybe next time we try to get to Porto Santa Maria again....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel with soul, just like a good wine. The Vine is sophisticated and luxurious. With a touch of simplicity and discretion, just the way you like it. A dip in the panoramic pool, a vino-therapy session in the spa or a gourmet dinner with a view over the city: these are just a few of the pleasures awaiting you at The Vine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Hotel.de, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Vine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Vine, a Divine Hotel Hotel Funchal
- Vine a Divine Funchal
- The Vine Hotel Madeira/Funchal