After staying in a more old fashioned property we moved to The Vine for a few nights. It was just what we were looking for, the perfect modern boutique hotel that feels very different from most of Funchal's more old fashioned places that cater to more elderly clientele. The design elements were very striking but also the room was quite comfortable as well. The only complaint is that the light controls are a bit confusing and high tech but they can be figured out within a few minutes.
Breakfast was fantastic and nice that it is served til 1030. The fried polenta is a good hangover cure if you drank too much madeira the night before.
Staff all very very friendly to deal with.
The highlight was time spent on the roof deck looking out across Funchal and the sea. The pool up there is smallish but fine for dipping in to cool off. Great lounge beds and chairs, perfect jazzy soundtrack, nice bar up there too (and a good happy hour). Blissful.
The central location is great for sightseeing but without being based right in a tourist trap area.
The hotel is on top of a shopping centre but don't let that put you off, you forget that instantly when you are in the hotel. And the supermarket in the basement is great. If we return to Funchal we'd definitely stay in the Vine again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel with soul, just like a good wine. The Vine is sophisticated and luxurious. With a touch of simplicity and discretion, just the way you like it. A dip in the panoramic pool, a vino-therapy session in the spa or a gourmet dinner with a view over the city: these are just a few of the pleasures awaiting you at The Vine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, HostelWorld, Expedia, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Vine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Vine, a Divine Hotel Hotel Funchal
- Vine a Divine Funchal
- The Vine Hotel Madeira/Funchal