Good location, polite staff. Service overall poor, seem to get forgotten about at breakfast for tea & coffee. Frequently run out of plates for fruit and food.
Room had poor noise insulation from street. Shower floor has been made without any fall towards the drain, I mentioned this to reception, got told all the rooms are like this! Felt sorry for the maid mopping each one out every day.
Control of room lights too fiddly and room too dark. Room only had an expresso maker, no facility to make tea. Towels get changed only if you dump them on the floor, once you get used to system its okay.
Service at pool particularly poor most nights.
Pool area quite small due to location, did not go near when hotel got busy, many hoggers of sunbeds.
Did not try the restaurant at night as menu quite restricted, cost would have been justified if quality was to be good, but bad service on other counts did not want me to try. Especially as there are many good resturant's with good service nearby.
Overall a good stay and would only take a little fine tuning to make it perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel with soul, just like a good wine. The Vine is sophisticated and luxurious. With a touch of simplicity and discretion, just the way you like it. A dip in the panoramic pool, a vino-therapy session in the spa or a gourmet dinner with a view over the city: these are just a few of the pleasures awaiting you at The Vine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, HostelWorld, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Vine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Vine, a Divine Hotel Hotel Funchal
- Vine a Divine Funchal
- The Vine Hotel Madeira/Funchal