We spent a week at the Vine Hotel in Funchal in July. Weather was a little cloudy at times but always warm. The highlight of the week was the hotel. Super position close to the city, harbour and all amenities (no road noise either). The best part is definitely the roof terrace - the view, the pool, the comfy beds and the bar (good value happy hours)! The views of Funchal are great day or night and the temperature never seems to fluctuate. The views are shared the restaurant which although a little pricey is very good quality. Breakfast is varied and of excellent quality with a huge choice of hot and cold - eat it on the terrace and again feel the warmth of the Madeira air. We experienced a 'couple's retreat' in the Spa which again was a little pricey but very relaxing and melted the stress away. Bedrooms are roomy and very contemporary. We loved all the features - the auto blinds, the big bath, the wet room shower and yes the quirky lighting set up! We'd definitely go back. We got out and about a lot seeing much of what the island had to offer in the week we were there - levada walk, mini bus tour, boat trip, market, variety of restaurants, shops. The island is very green and every square metre appears to have something growing on it, a lovely change from some of the more barren Mediterranean or Canaries landscapes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel with soul, just like a good wine. The Vine is sophisticated and luxurious. With a touch of simplicity and discretion, just the way you like it. A dip in the panoramic pool, a vino-therapy session in the spa or a gourmet dinner with a view over the city: these are just a few of the pleasures awaiting you at The Vine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Booking.com, Odigeo, HostelWorld, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Vine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Vine, a Divine Hotel Hotel Funchal
- Vine a Divine Funchal
- The Vine Hotel Madeira/Funchal