Uau!! is probably the best expression to describe this hotel, i was trully astonished with this not very know diamond in the center of funchal city. I heard about it from a friend that advised to try it because of the wine theme and the location and surroundings. I, being from Bordeuax am a very big wine lover and have a special passion about the madeira wine found my perfect retreat in this great hotel and great island. i have travelled to many places and always look for a trendy and modern hotel to stay in and this one corresponded to perfection to my requirements in terms of the confort, design & decoration and quality of the materials of the rooms (great beds and linen and great shower), at least comparing with the best ones i have stayed ( unique in Sao Paolo and the gansevoort in new York). i read the review posted before me and don't understand it, was this sir not in the same hotel as i was 2 months ago or maybe he just isnt the type of customer for this kind of hotel, i agree with it being a bit darker than it should but the rest is just being plain mischievous. I went with my fionce for 5 days and it seemed so little time. the spa treatment for couples with the wine products was amazing and the pool area is great with nice view of the city and really pretty pool, besides the fact that we were sun bathing in the middle of ocober. Also, not vey far away is the madeira wine company shop where you can go to some wine tastings and buy good reserve bottles for good prices. I cant forget to mention the rooftop restaurant of the hotel, inbcredible food and good wine list with good advices about the portuguese wines, the waiter was very helpfull in helping us choosing and pairing with the food and get to know more about the country local wines - the french are better but it is also good to try new things once in a while :) . to finish, i would strongly recommend this piece of paradise to anyome looking for a confortable stay, and if food and wine influences your travel decision this is the perfect place for you, specially if your travelling with the wife or girlfriend, which can turn to be very romantic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel with soul, just like a good wine. The Vine is sophisticated and luxurious. With a touch of simplicity and discretion, just the way you like it. A dip in the panoramic pool, a vino-therapy session in the spa or a gourmet dinner with a view over the city: these are just a few of the pleasures awaiting you at The Vine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), HostelWorld, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Vine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Vine, a Divine Hotel Hotel Funchal
- Vine a Divine Funchal
- The Vine Hotel Madeira/Funchal