Stayed at the Hotel just before Christmas. 1st room we were given was dark and overlooked the Car park between this hotel and the Enotel next door. Asked to be moved and got another 1 bedroom overlooking the pool with a jacuzzi. No complaints there so decided to come back this year but needed a 2 bedroom one as an older member of the family was coming with us this time. Had been told by a previous guest about a certain apartment which would have been perfect for us with excellent Sea and Pool views, both bedrooms with en suite and large balcony/terrace with Jacuzzi so I enquired with a member of Guest relations wether we could have that one or something similar when we returned 3 months later. We were advised to contact Reservations when we got home and then they would let us know if it was possible. We did so and our travel dates were confirmed with them. We didn't get any more emails from them so we assumed ( wrongly!) that our request had been granted. We arrived to find we're were in an apartment ( 1 or 2 doors up from the 1st one we were allocated to in December) which is supposed to sleep up to 6 (2 bedrooms and a Sofa bed in the Lounge), only one of the bedrooms had an en suite. Same problem as before and had no Sun after 10.30am, the other, which had the Sun all afternoon and was round the back of the hotel, could only be accessed by going through the bedrooms and wasn't big enough for 3 never mind 6. No room for any Sun loungers just chairs.
The seperate bathroom was dark with no natural light in it, didn't have a hair dryer or shaver socket in there, just a normal socket.
We went down to Guest relations as soon as we could and asked if there was a chance we could be moved. This was on the Monday. They told us not to unpack and waited for them to contact us. On the Tuesday, we were told it wouldn't be possible that week but we might be moved on the 2nd week. Got a call on the Saturday morning from them to give us some bad news and then some good news. The bad news was that they couldn't move us but the good news was that we could stay where we were?????
Our kettle was faulty and it took them 4 days to replace it. :-(
As a member of the Pestana Vacation Club, we wrongly thought we were going to be treated better than we have. It seems there are 3 tiers of Guests in this Hotel. 1st tier: The Owners, 2nd tier: Vacation Club members who have already parted with their Money up front so they can put you wherever they want and 3rd tier: Other guests who have booked through travel agencies and have a Rep and can choose what sort of room they require.
Feel very let down and will not be renewing our membership once we have used up our points. Have'nt spent a single penny in the hotel, not used the bar or pool cafe facilities.
The location of the hotel is second to none and cannot be faulted. It's just a shame that we feel like 2nd class citizens. Feel like picketing the Options Office on the Promenade and warning potential guests what to expect in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pestana Promenade is a 4-star hotel in Funchal, Madeira and is one of the newest and most sophisticated contemporary hotels in Funchal. It is 2 minutes on foot from the beach and near Lido with direct access to the promenade that stretches all the way to Praia Formosa. Take a stroll through the vast garden area and discover one of the largest swimming pools of all of the hotels on Madeira. Visit the Spa with indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, whirlpool bath, sauna, Turkish bath and gym. It offers two restaurants and a bar. Most rooms offer a relaxing view of the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Ebookers so you can book your Pestana Promenade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Promenade Ocean Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Promenade Ocean Resort
- Pestana Promenade Madeira/Funchal