My husband and I have just returned from a wonderful hols to Funchal and stayed at Pestana Promenade , it was a birthday treat for my husband's 60th birthday . I had booked a superior sea view room and we got room 1317 .We were delighted with this lovely room that was almost an apartment . It was peaceful , not a sunny balcony but that suits us and the view was fantastic , the room was large and every thing you could wish for including dining area, kitchen and dish washer and a lovely bottle of bubbly was left in our room as a birthday treat. the only thing it could of had was more storage and a shelf in bathroom would of been handy . We were B&B , and really enjoyed breakfast , plenty of choice for all tastes ,big dining room and lovely terrace outside. All the staff were very friendly and helpful and Carol was so cheerful in the mornings at breakfast. The pool snack bar served lovely lunches too . We booked all our trips in the hotel , good prices and value for money and the sales girls were very helpful , east /west day trips great + 3 course lunch about 34 euro and no timeshare selling attached. Pool's were perfect with wonderful well kept gardens and great indoor pool with spa room . lots of restaurants near by and in the old town , bus stop outside hotel No 1&2 for town as were taxi's or a 30/40 min walk to town . Really didn't like the tropical garden with the parrots and other birds , kept in a disgusting state . But the Monte Palace gardens at the top of the cable car ride were fantastic 10 euro each, not to be missed . All in all we have had the best time in Madeira and the modern relaxing Pestana Promenade was the most wonderful hotel to stay . We would recommend to all ! Alan and Sue, Bordon Hants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pestana Promenade is a 4-star hotel in Funchal, Madeira and is one of the newest and most sophisticated contemporary hotels in Funchal. It is 2 minutes on foot from the beach and near Lido with direct access to the promenade that stretches all the way to Praia Formosa. Take a stroll through the vast garden area and discover one of the largest swimming pools of all of the hotels on Madeira. Visit the Spa with indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, whirlpool bath, sauna, Turkish bath and gym. It offers two restaurants and a bar. Most rooms offer a relaxing view of the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Ebookers so you can book your Pestana Promenade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Promenade Ocean Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Promenade Ocean Resort
- Pestana Promenade Madeira/Funchal