The Prestana Promenade is an outstanding hotel in an excellent location overlooking the sea. Staff are incredibly friendly and welcoming. It is spotlessly clean and modern. On arrival we were informed that our room had been upgraded situated on the top floor. It was the best room we have ever stayed in, with two bathrooms, lounge area and two balconies one of which had its own sunbeds which in many ways saved the holiday. Why? Put simply, the behaviour of the British guests who insisted on trying to acquire the best sunbeds by the pool. We did not attend the evening entertainment but thye morning entertainment more than made up for it.
Each morning at early dawn guests emerged with military precision to claim sunbeds, tables and parasols. These were then manoeuvred in order to gain maximum distance from other guests without appearing rude or anti-social. Not wishing to be denied such triumph, I confess to joining the enemy and staked my own claim to sunbeds. Standing proudly by my acquisition I gave my wife a victorious salute as she stoon admiringly on the balcony. The guilt, howver, was too much and I retreated to our sunbeds on the balcony. The hotel does everything possible to prevent guests from leaving towls on sunbeds and no crtiticism is directed at the hotel management.
We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis which was a good decision because of te excellent local restaurants. The good restaurants included: Casa Italia, Grannies House and Summertime. Our favourite restaurant was the White Candle. All are within a short walking distance from the hotel.
We would recommend a visit to the Old Town and a triop on the cable car to Monte which provide breathtaking views of Funchal. For football enthusiasts a vist to the Ronaldo museum (CR7) is a must.
Overall, a superb hotel, wonderful service, great location and lovely people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in front of the spectacular promenade that stretches from Lido to Praia Formosa Beach,this modern and quiet resort offers spectacular views to the ocean. 92% Of the rooms are sea views and offer the commodity you would expect from a luxury hotel in a relaxed manner.112 Family Friendly Rooms and Suites, all equipped with bathtub with shower, and some with separate bathtub and shower, washbasin, WC, hairdryer, air conditioning, telephone, Cable TV, Pay TV, LCD monitor, digital safety box, Business Services is available, cable or wireless Internet access, mini-refrigerator and balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Pestana Promenade Ocean Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Promenade Ocean Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Promenade Ocean Resort Hotel Madeira/Funchal