“Trendy, Friendly, Tasty”

Cafe Do Museu
Price range: US$9 - US$35
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Coffee Museum Genuine space in the heart of Funchal Relaxed environment with sound and Cabin Dinners Group any topic. Magnificent kitchen with Menu refinement Impossible not to pass by the Museum Cafe
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Nice museum caffe in downtown Funchal. This nice all-in-glass caffe has its own entrance into of one of the most pleasant and central squares in Funchal (praca do municipio/ city hall square).
The food is food, as it is the service and prices are extremely reasonable.

1  Thank luis o mago

Reviewed 14 February 2014

We've been here several times and it is a popular venue for locals and tourists alike. We visited for lunch and it was packed with locals on lunch hour. The service was efficient and the food good although I did not enjoy my tuna one bit. I suspect I just made the wrong choice when I ordered and I suspected my fish was off but could not to bothered to complain as the staff were rushed off their feet. Besides, I enjoyed every other meal I've had here so agreed not to complain this time. Hubby's meal was excellent. We would ask you not to let it put you off, their salads are to die for and it's such a lovely place to sit and watch the world go by. Relaxing and a pleasure to visit, have a wonder around the museum too. Very good indeed.

1  Thank Delia P
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We went based on the good reports herein and were not disappointed. The food and service was excellent and very good value. We went twice for dinner in the week. If I lived in Funchal I'd be a regular.

2  Thank steve d
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

We had coffee and tea with sandwiches there. We went there in the afternoon to kind of test the place since we thought we might have dinner there. Everything was fine. The sandwiches tasted ok, prices are moderate and the service was fine. We were seating outside and I liked their terrace at the arcades of the museum of sacred art.
You have the feeling you are in a cafe more than in a restaurant. That is why we decided not to go there for dinner finally. Perfectly ok to have afternoon tea!

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Small restaurant, right in the middle of capital Funchal, with a view to city hall and Carmo church.
Not your normal restaurant space as it's adjacent to the contemporary museum, using basically a corridor. But I quite liked the atmosphere and the food - as well as the service - were very good. Recomend it.