“A great place for coffee & cake or a bit of lunch”
Review of Cafe Do Museu - CLOSED

Cafe Do Museu
Price range: US$9 - US$35
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Coffee Museum Genuine space in the heart of Funchal Relaxed environment with sound and Cabin Dinners Group any topic. Magnificent kitchen with Menu refinement Impossible not to pass by the Museum Cafe
Surrey, UK
“A great place for coffee & cake or a bit of lunch”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We visited Cafe do Museu a few times during our stay in Funchal.
They make the most amazing chocolate cake which goes really well with a coffee or a cheeky glass of wine!
The staff are really friendly and the we really enjoyed the lunches we had here too.
Great place for watching the world go by in the sunshine.
Excellent value for money too

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank MsJackson_UK

Surrey
“A lovely place for lunch and people watching”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stopped for coffee after visiting the Museum of Sacred Arts and ended up staying for lunch. The restaurant is popular with locals as well as tourists, and has a very tempting menu covering everything from salads and sandwiches to more formal meals. I chose from the specials board - chicken stuffed with bacon and mushrooms with a side order of potato and mushroom salad - delicious! Lunch for 2 with a half bottle of wine but no desserts as we were full - came to a very reasonable €20 and the service was excellent.

• Visited February 2014
“Trendy, Friendly, Tasty”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Nice museum caffe in downtown Funchal. This nice all-in-glass caffe has its own entrance into of one of the most pleasant and central squares in Funchal (praca do municipio/ city hall square).
The food is food, as it is the service and prices are extremely reasonable.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank luis o mago
Norfolk, United Kingdom
“Worth a try”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We've been here several times and it is a popular venue for locals and tourists alike. We visited for lunch and it was packed with locals on lunch hour. The service was efficient and the food good although I did not enjoy my tuna one bit. I suspect I just made the wrong choice when I ordered and I suspected my fish was off but could not to bothered to complain as the staff were rushed off their feet. Besides, I enjoyed every other meal I've had here so agreed not to complain this time. Hubby's meal was excellent. We would ask you not to let it put you off, their salads are to die for and it's such a lovely place to sit and watch the world go by. Relaxing and a pleasure to visit, have a wonder around the museum too. Very good indeed.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Delia P
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Recommendation”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We went based on the good reports herein and were not disappointed. The food and service was excellent and very good value. We went twice for dinner in the week. If I lived in Funchal I'd be a regular.

• Visited January 2014