My husband and I recently visited Madeira in June 2013 and we stayed at the Palheiro Village. If you like breathtaking views then this is the place to stay. There is no other property on the island with views like this one. At night the view is even more stunning. We stayed in one of the self catering villas on the Palheiro Estate. The villa was very comfortable, a fully equipped kitchen, washer/dryer, comfortable, clean and spacious bedrooms and bathrooms with lots of closet space. Patio with table and chairs to enjoy your breakfast/luch or dinner with Funchal in view. We picked up our own groceries on our way in from the airport but if you like a shopping list can be pre-arranged prior to your arrival by the Palheiro staff. They can also arrange to meet you at the airport. The staff was very friendly and professional and willing to please. Vera, the rental Manager was great and took care of all our needs and reservations by e-mail. Thanks Vera and hope to see you again soon. The property's location is about an 8 minute drive into town (about 7 EU) or a 15 min bus ride (1.25 EU). We did both and enjoyed the bus ride as we were able to see other neighbourhoods and mingle with the locals.. Walking is not recommended as the narrow roads wind up and down hills. The property is huge with gardens, hotel, restaurant, pool, golf and many more amenities. Tours of the island can be arranged by the staff and we would recommend the East and West tours. The only negative I can think of is that June is a cloudy month in Madeira and many of our days were overcast other than that, I would highly recommend this property and would return in a heart beat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a wide choice of Luxury Villas and Apartments we are able to offer you a home away from home at very reasonable prices with excellent conditions. Additionaly, our guests are entitled to a great selection of facilities and services at discounted prices. Located on a prime hilltop site overlooking Funchal, the 120 hectare Palheiro Estate has grown from an early 19th century hunting lodge and summer retreat for nobility into a sophisticated resort destination. It is important to remember that renting a holiday home in Madeira differs from reserving a hotel room or bed & breakfast. The advantages of renting a property at Palheiro Village allow our guests to enjoy privacy and flexibility within a luxury property offering unsurpassed views. Many of our guests find that renting a holiday home provides them with exceptional value and freedom. All of our fully furnished and very well equipped properties will surpass all your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you to your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Palheiro Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palheiro Village Hotel Funchal
- Palheiro Village Madeira/Funchal