“Great atmosphere”
Review of The Rustik

The Rustik
Ranked #225 of 721 Restaurants in Funchal
Price range: US$17 - US$58
Description: The Rustik, fine dining restaurant, is specialized in local, well-known traditional dishes. We offer a selection of the finest ingredients for a delightful meal and a memorable experience of Madeira’s cuisine from our Chef’s selection.
Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

Friendly service and great food along with the decor and relaxing music make Rustic a very nice dining experience. We had the fish and it was perfect. Would definitely go again.

1  Thank Brendon D

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

After trying out The Rustik due to great reviews which proved to be bob on we returned for our last supper. This also doubled up as my birthday. Yet again faultless. Kevin is a great chap and deserves every success in this great new venture
Again no complaints about anything despite a party of at least 20 being attended to cycle the same time.
The produce used is top quality. Steak and prawns and a steak again served with proper fresh vegetables. The house wine is way above average the service is impeccable the surroundings are great if a little different and it's not expensive. Roll on January when we will be back

2  Thank LancashireNoddy
janepieplenbosch, Guest Relations Manager at The Rustik, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your review, it was a real pleasure having you as our guests. Kevin sends his best wishes. We are looking forward to welcome you again in January, until then have a lovely Christmas an New Year.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

The glowing reviews on this new restaurant prompted me to dine here during my recent visit to Madeira.
It quickly became apparent that the reviews are well justified.
I had delicious Espetada served on as skewer along cauliflower cheese, sauteed potatoes, carrots and green beans - all washed down by some lovely red wine.
The experience was enhanced by the quirky decor and background music (what I would define as 'classical pop'. )
Last but not least, thanks to courteous and attentive waiter.
I'll be back in Madeira in a few weeks time and shall pay 'The Rustik' another visit.

2  Thank Jamieboy769

Dear Guests, thank you very much for your kind words. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dinner. Kevin sends his regards. We are looking forward to welcome you again on your next visit. Regards the team of The Rustik

Reviewed 6 November 2017

I enjoyed a meal here on my latest visit to Funchal. This is a new restaurant on a corner with lovely outside space and a beautifully decorated interior. I would be happy in either but as it was a warm evening we ate outside.
The staff are very pleasant and helpful, happy to answer any questions about the menu. The garlic bread we had while our food was being cooked was well presented in small pieces. My chicken dish was well cooked and the meat was moist and tasty. It was accompanied by a very nice vinho verde. I had a passion fruit dessert which I would definitely have again. It was light and creamy with a fresh flavour.
This was a lovely meal and I look forward to dining here again.

2  Thank Edingirl
janepieplenbosch, Guest Relations Manager at The Rustik, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear Guest, we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dinner at our restaurant. The passion fruit pudding is indeed delicious, but maybe next time you can try our biscuit-chocolate mouse. It is one of our Chef's favourites. We hope to welcome you soon again. Regards, the team of The Rustik

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Best meal this week in Madeira❤️ Great staff. We will comeback as soon as possible. We can recommand this restaurant

1  Thank Elisabeth E