Open today: 10:00 - 20:00
Review Highlights
Best answer for self-respect & self-love

Despite my ignorance in the world of tantra, I felt a natural curiosity when reading the flyer... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
mikv532
Jakarta, Indonesia
Amazing 🤩 experience and very professional

Thank you for amazing massage and experience. Altea is very knowledgeable and absolutely master in... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Compass65177188959

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Madeira
from £20.03
from £60.10
from £17.25
from £71.43
More Info
All reviews relaxation massage private yoga great massage deep tissue massage session therapy emotions tantra feri therapist teachings practitioner boundaries profound madeira therapeutic release
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 February 2018

I went to Madeira for few days. I looked for some massage.. and i said - why not a Tantra Massage! But iit was very different that you can ever imagine. A true Tantra Massage is something else that you can usually imagine, I came out flying. IT is a life changing experience. Tantra brought into the fingertips of this spectacular woman and, from there, she takes care to spread bliss everywhere in your body!! My God, you just can't help but going back again and again.
I totally recommend it. A must for everybody having few spare hours on the island, Madeira. Its about intimacy - but no sexuality - it's safe, clean, no strange vibes, no sexual things, just massage... a real Tantra massage.
A total YES from me. Thank you Althea.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

Receiving a massage from Althea was a wonderful experience. She has a very loving touch, and at the same time, very confident and strong.it felt like she knows exactly what she is doing, which made me trust her and therefor to relax completely. At the same time, she was very creative with the way she was using all her body to give the massage. I was impressed. As we spoke after the massage, my impression was growing even more. She seems to have a very vast knowledge and a deep understanding of human nature. I was sad for the fact I could not join her course, as I was leaving already madeira the day after.. But I look forward for my next visit, as for sure I will make the time to learn more from Althea.

5  Thank zinazeitoun
Reviewed 15 February 2018

It was 11:30 am when I arrived at Althea's office in Funchal, above the Cathedral. Already knew the space from other works i had done there. It is a warm place, welcoming and full of positive messages. We entered, sat down and talked for a while about all these themes of touch, emotions, limitations that we still feel in experimenting and discovering our body, and of course we talked about sex. Because sex is only worth with a lot of touch, and for me to know how to tell others where to touch and how to do it, I have to know it first.

In this conversation we explored in detail what would happen, with what I would feel more comfortable or less comfortable (that should be avoided). There is always the presumption that Tantra has to do with sex. And it is not at all (except at the point where the practice improves it) and has more to do with an integral development of the human being in its physical, mental and spiritual aspects.

Then we went to the massage and there, even earrings get removed. The whole body is touched and massaged without taboos, nor barriers (except the ones that where set in the initial conversation), and everything is space of exploration. And for two hours I had the opportunity to take a trip on my extensive and fantastic surface, relearning to feel, to let myself go, to focus on the present moment and to be in my body of spirit and soul, without a single thought racking my mind - Neither work, nor children, nor relations, nor problems, nor anything. There, we are just a body that feels.

Althea is the perfect maestro of this symphony, realizing and almost anticipating what the body asks of us, without ever exchanging a word, sometimes more intensity, sometimes less, where the hand should go now, and where ir should go latter, it seemed to me she read subliminally my requests and my commands.

Time flew, I assure you, two hours passed in the blink of an eye and for me, they could last the whole afternoon. After we finished we sat down and talked a little about what had happened, the sensations that had awakened and also about what we wanted to talk about, because sometimes the body has memories that the mind does not remember and sometimes the soul needs to do some research on it
I would absolutely recomend this experience. You will definitely not be sorry you choose to experience yourself like this. Have fun!!

4  Thank Sara_Jardim
Reviewed 13 February 2018

On my journey to Madeira I had the pleasure to meet Altea. Altea really have the most amazing place on beautiful Madeira. As yoga instructor, Altea has a wonderful way of teaching. She manage to meet both advanced practitioners and beginners. I also had the joyful experience to have a massage. In the massage I was met by Altea on a level that I have never experienced before. I can only recommend The Universe of Inner Alchemy to everybody looking for a spiritual experience.

Date of experience: December 2017
1  Thank LasseR216
Reviewed 10 February 2018

I practice yoga and tantra for many years and visiting Madeira I wanted to try the offer of classes and teachings in these domains. It was relatively easy to find this place located in the center of Funchal. I was so pleasantly surprised when meeting Althea;she has vast knowledge and experience. We talked a lot and I felt so inspired by her vision. I had a private yoga session which was like a journey that took me deep into my soul. Yesterday I had a tantra massage. She managed to create a very special atmosphere in the room with candle lights, soft music, oriental essential oils fragrance and the most important, with her loving approach to this experience. She took a lot of time to explain me the benefits of a tantra massage. Even if I knew quite a lot about tantra, I was impressed by the spiritual orientation she gives in the session. I felt I can really trust her. This was very important for me because I could let go and be myself. I think we all deal, in different degrees, with shame, guilt or other repressed emotions when it comes to sexuality. Personally I have a lot of anger because of sexual abuse. I was in the darkness for long time but when I discovered tantra I could finally learn how to heal and accept myself. This session with Althea was another step in my healing process. It was not easy but with patience and love I know that one day I will be free. I am very grateful for meeting people who can guide me on this path. Thank you once again Althea.

1  Thank catarina155