“Warm welcome awaits”
Review of Real Canoa

Real Canoa
Reserve with
Save up to 50% when you reserve online *
Real Canoa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 648 Restaurants in Funchal
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

We visited in march with my parents and it was nice to go back and be remembered by Bruno, the food and the staff are worth going back for time after time. Food is reasonably priced. Will be going back to see Bruno if only for the steak as it is one of the best around will see you soon x

Reviewed 25 August 2014

My wife and I returned to Real Canoa on two occasions this year. We were met by Bruno and his team as if we were family. The special ingredient of this restaurant is Bruno and his team who go the extra mile to ensure that you have a good experience. Some comments have been made about meal timings and the entertainment. We would prefer to have a break between courses and the entertainment is along way from a karaoke. The menu is varied freshly cooked and reasonably priced. On leaving the restaurant for the last time we had a very easy decision to make. To thank Bruno and to promise him we will return again in 2015.
Obrigado Bruno

1  Thank Birdie2boy
Reviewed 24 August 2014

A very welcoming restaurant! The staff work really hard to make your evening an experience, not just a meal. There is regular live music (and sometimes dancing). Food cooked "on the stone" at the table is their speciality and we would highly recommend it. The owner goes out of his way to make customers feel welcome, and even suggested trips and activities for our children. This restaurant operates a courtesy mini-bus to pick up and drop off customers, and they thoroughly deserve every success.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Firstly sorry it has taken me so long to do this review. We ate here on June 13th for my partners 40th birthday. It turned out to be a real treat. We had had a lovely day out and this was just the icing on the cake. We stumbled on the place on a walk out one morning and was met at the menu board by a lovely chap called David whom persuaded us to book a table. I must of mentioned it was for a special occasion as at the end of the meal out came all the staff with a cake and they sung happy birthday in English and portugese (what a lovely gesture)
The meal was divine. We both had soup followed by chicken and fish cooked on the stone washed down with sangria. It was a real novelty to cook our own. It was so lovely and fresh. I myself follow a gluten free diet and this was explained to and totally followed by Bruno and his staff.
Yes the tables outside are tightly packed in but this added to the welcome ambience of the place. There are plenty of inside tables too if you fancy a more private meal.
Yes the guy on the guitar was a bit on the bad side but but it added to our fun evening and he was improving as we left. I got the impression a lot of people stay for the whole evening. We would of done this but we needed a walk.
We found out that a free shuttle bus is also provided. We will bare this in mind in the future but the walk back to the hotel zone only took us 20 mins and we welcomed it after being totally stuffed.
Such a friendly place. We shall return and I recommend it to all my fellow TA people.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Very friendly restaurant but if you want a table outside you must book. Food very good but I think most people go for the atmosphere.