“Smallest pizza in the town...”
Review of Antonio's

Antonio's
Ranked #606 of 688 Restaurants in Funchal
Cuisines: Portuguese, Pub, Gastropub
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We were here at one evening and both took a pizza. Taste was quite ok, but pizza was very small. My pizza was also little bit burned. On the other restaurant in the city a "small pizza" were much bigger than regular pizza at Antonio's.

Waitress also forgot to bring my coffee. Not so nice experience.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Went here for a quick lunch. We were only customers at the end of lunch time. The food was terrible: the 'pizza' dough reminded us more of quiche or something, there was no tomato sauce and the 'salami' was something I did not recognize. For two small pizzalike pies, a beer and a water, the bill was 26,5 euros!

1  Thank Stiina
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We called here for a drink and a sandwich one lunchtime. When the bill arrived I could not believe the charge for the beer, we were charged 2.95 euros for a 30 cl glass of Coral which according to my calculations would make the cost of a litre 9.83 euros. I would expect to pay this sort of price in a five star hotel not in some back street place. Needless to say that during the course of our visit no one else came into the bar or restaurant, obviously other visitors had read the comments about the rip-off prices being charged. This is one place we will not be going back to.

1  Thank LaurelHuddersfield
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Used to visit this restaurant many years ago with my parents and went back recently with my other half.

Food is fantastic and very good value for money.

Stuff used to be more, but the crises effects it but the quality is still GOOD AS ALWAYS !!

BEST STEAK ON THE STONE IN THE AREA !

1  Thank Diogo P
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I'm sorry that this restaurant has such poor reviews. We had a couple of lunches here and enjoyed the laid back atmosphere. The waitress was friendly and attentive. The food was fine. We enjoyed looking through the long pizza menu which was quirky - at least 5 different pizzas incorporated banana (much used in Madeira), one pizza had 3 different fruits; and I loved that the "Land and Sea" pizza had nothing in it that came from the sea!

1  Thank PeaceFoodandaSnorkel