I used to work for Orient Express several years ago. When we decided to go to Madeira we immediately looked at Reid's Palace. We stayed only 4 nights during February. It was faboulous!
In the world there are many luxury hotels but some of them are truly special because they represent the history of the destination where they are located and their service is simply a step above the other five stars hotels. Well, Reid's is all that. It perfectly embodies the mission of Orient Express with classical comfort, romance, class, luxury. From check-in to to check-out staff were all very professional and service minded, from Nelia @ reception, to the chambermaid, the lady at the boutique and the lady maitre d' at breakfast. You feel they are going the extra mile to please you but they do it genuinely and that makes the difference. The room we had was nicely decorated with charming views on the gardens and the harbour. It was not new (like many parts of the hotel) but it was so well cleaned and maintained that it was perfect for us. All the amenities you expect were there...and much more. The class of little details (such as slippers, menus, flowers, etc.) was superb.
Breakfast was the best (together with the one of Verdura Resort) we have ever encountered. The tea in the afternoon an experience you cannot miss. Their formal dining room is open only twice a week in winter time. We left at 4.00 am on Sunday and I regret we could not enjoy their gala dinner on saturday. I hope we can go back to Madeira one day and stay again at the best hotel on the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on cliff tops overlooking the Bay of Funchal and the Atlantic Ocean, this legendary hotel has, for over a century, been a standard-bearer for excellence. The hotel is located on 10 acres of subtropical gardens, boasts enviable access to the sea and is within walking distance of Funchal's shops, restaurants and night-life. With its reputation for excellence and discreet service, Belmond Reid's Palace is the ideal place at which to relax and be pampered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Belmond, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Belmond Reid's Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reid`s Palace By Orient-Express Hotel Funchal
- Reids Palace Funchal
- Reids Palace Hotel Funchal
- Belmond Reid's Palace Madeira/Funchal