One night stay. The hotel is great. The afternoon tea is a must. We dinned at Les Faunes, no desert because of late afternoon tea – good, but not wow (a New Year Eve dinner some time ago at Villa Cipriani was memorable). Staff is a good blend of experienced Portuguese people and overseas trainees, all very helpful and attentive.
Breakfast is great, with emphasis on local produce. Even the beer at the mini bar is made in Madeira.
All the pools are great, especially the big one with heated sea water. And if one doesn’t like pools, basking in the sun in November will suffice – there aren’t many places in Europe like that.
The large and intimate garden really makes you forget that you are only a kilometre or so away from the city centre.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on cliff tops overlooking the Bay of Funchal and the Atlantic Ocean, this legendary hotel has, for over a century, been a standard-bearer for excellence. The hotel is located on 10 acres of subtropical gardens, boasts enviable access to the sea and is within walking distance of Funchal's shops, restaurants and night-life. With its reputation for excellence and discreet service, Belmond Reid's Palace is the ideal place at which to relax and be pampered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Belmond, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Belmond Reid's Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reid`s Palace By Orient-Express Hotel Funchal
- Reids Palace Funchal
- Reids Palace Hotel Funchal
- Belmond Reid's Palace Madeira/Funchal