Reid's Palace is THE place to stay in Madeira.
It doesn't look much from the road, (Estrada Monumental) but inside it is just beautiful. The staff are so very helpful, and the furnishings are immaculate. There are many Hotels in Madeira that would claim to be of an equal or greater rating than Reid's, but they are deluding themselves, and deceiving potential guests. The Government have allowed many new hotels to be built a few miles to the West of Reid's Palace, these new Hotels are truly dreadful places.
The gardens are superb, and are only available to Residents.
If you are staying somewhere else and are interested in returning to Madeira and want to stay at Reid's, then ask at Reception and they will happily show you around the building.
The Main Dining Room is closed in the Summer, when Brisa Do Mar, the outdoor Restaurant situated on the cliff top is open. The Main Dining room is absolutely beautiful, the Hotel ask that Men wear a Jacket & Tie when eating there, which is only right as it is such an August Room. There are other Restaurants in the hotel and adjacent to it, where the dress code is less formal,
We have Stayed at Reid's about 18 times, we don't go anywhere else.
The food is superb, and the Breakfasts have virtually all that any reasonable person could want. If there is though something you would like that isn't on the menu, then try asking, and the chefs will do all they can to help.
For those who like swimming, you can swim in the sea from the Reid's landing stage, there is also a sea-level pool, and two pools at hotel level, both heated.
We always hire a car and drive around the Island, the locals are very good and safe drivers, not mad like in mainland Europe.
If you like good and friendly service in lovely surroundings, then Reid's is for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on cliff tops overlooking the Bay of Funchal and the Atlantic Ocean, this legendary hotel has, for over a century, been a standard-bearer for excellence. The hotel is located on 10 acres of subtropical gardens, boasts enviable access to the sea and is within walking distance of Funchal's shops, restaurants and night-life. With its reputation for excellence and discreet service, Belmond Reid's Palace is the ideal place at which to relax and be pampered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Belmond Reid's Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reid`s Palace By Orient-Express Hotel Funchal
- Reids Palace Funchal
- Reids Palace Hotel Funchal
- Belmond Reid's Palace Madeira/Funchal