I have been coming to Reids for over 10 years now and I never tire of it. I come to relax for peace and calm in a place where I feel comfortable. Whilst Madeira is a beautiful place to visit at any time of the year it is to Reids that I travel. Why?
Firstly the staff - they are superb, all of them, always concerned to make you feel comfortable.
The Hotel itself - its like a country house hotel without being stuffy in the slightest - the only stuffiness I have ever experienced is from fellow guests who assume an air because they are staying at Reids. Totally unnecessary.
The Sunbeds are extremely comfortable with thick mattresses. Huge Towels to cover the mattress.
The beautiful gardens are are haven to walk or sit in.
The breakfast buffet is delicious and fresh (with bubbly or bloody mary's if you want!)
They have free in room wifi - excellent convenience.
Its home form home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on cliff tops overlooking the Bay of Funchal and the Atlantic Ocean, this legendary hotel has, for over a century, been a standard-bearer for excellence. The hotel is located on 10 acres of subtropical gardens, boasts enviable access to the sea and is within walking distance of Funchal's shops, restaurants and night-life. With its reputation for excellence and discreet service, Belmond Reid's Palace is the ideal place at which to relax and be pampered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Belmond Reid's Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reid`s Palace By Orient-Express Hotel Funchal
- Reids Palace Funchal
- Reids Palace Hotel Funchal
- Belmond Reid's Palace Madeira/Funchal