My wife and I have just returned from a weeks stay at the Reid's Palace.
This hotel delivers the five star treatment in bucket loads.
The two things that spring to mind are the ambience which is a very relaxed, peaceful and unhurried approach as you walk around the hotel or sit by the pool. Secondly is the professionalism of the staff. From reception, concierge, breakfast and room service they are always polite, courteous, smiling and so helpful.
It goes without saying that the rooms in the old hotel are very generous in size and are extremely comfortable.
Hotels of this calibre are few and far around the and should be enjoyed for what they are.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on cliff tops overlooking the Bay of Funchal and the Atlantic Ocean, this legendary hotel has, for over a century, been a standard-bearer for excellence. The hotel is located on 10 acres of subtropical gardens, boasts enviable access to the sea and is within walking distance of Funchal's shops, restaurants and night-life. With its reputation for excellence and discreet service, Belmond Reid's Palace is the ideal place at which to relax and be pampered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Belmond Reid's Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reid`s Palace By Orient-Express Hotel Funchal
- Reids Palace Funchal
- Reids Palace Hotel Funchal
- Belmond Reid's Palace Madeira/Funchal