We booked afternoon tea on-line about 4 weeks before and explained that it was my 50th birthday.
I received an email confirming our booking and that they had made a note that it was a very special occasion.
We arrived on Thursday 26th June, and was shown to our table.
All in all, the staff were courteous and polite and the tea and sandwiches were very nice, and we paid the bill and left.....feeling really miffed that today was my big birthday and there was absolutely no acknowledgment of it, ....... As indicated in theiir email.!!
I guess they forgot,and with hindsight,I didn't really need a cake and a piano rendition of "Happy Birthday", but maybe, just maybe it would have been nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on cliff tops overlooking the Bay of Funchal and the Atlantic Ocean, this legendary hotel has, for over a century, been a standard-bearer for excellence. The hotel is located on 10 acres of subtropical gardens, boasts enviable access to the sea and is within walking distance of Funchal's shops, restaurants and night-life. With its reputation for excellence and discreet service, Belmond Reid's Palace is the ideal place at which to relax and be pampered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Jet2Holidays , Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Belmond Reid's Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reid`s Palace By Orient-Express Hotel Funchal
- Reids Palace Funchal
- Reids Palace Hotel Funchal
- Belmond Reid's Palace Madeira/Funchal