I stayed in the Franca Mar section of the hotel as I wanted to be closer to the ocean. I had a ground floor room with a spacious patio but the view was obscured due the wall separating the patio from the pool area. I could only hear the ocean when sitting outside instead of seeing it... But the views from the pool made up for that. The rooms are clean and of a good size but the decor is a little dated. The best part of the hotel is the location. It is an easy 10-15 minute walk to the center of Funchal so supermarkets, restaurants, and sights are at your fingertips. If I ever make it back to Madeira, I'd certainly stay here again - as long as I could get a room on a higher floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Quinta da Penha de França is situated in the best area of Funchal, with access tp the sea, 76 rooms , beautiful gardens, restaurants and bars. We wish you a very pleasant stay in one of the most traditional Madeira houses. Come visit us.... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Quinta Da Penha De Franca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Da Penha De Franca Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Penha Franca
- Quinta Da Penha Franca
- Quinta Da Penha De Franca Madeira/Funchal