Just returned from 10 days here. This hotel is in 2 parts, one by the sea and the other can be walked to via a foot bridge. We stayed in a ground floor sea view room that was spotlessly clean and more than adequate, with a good sized balcony. The large pool area always had enough sun beds with plenty of large sun umbrellas. The pool attendant" Aldo " looked after not just us , but everyone ! He really made our stay very enjoyable as he always arranged our sun beds and towels etc. There was occasional problems swimming in the sea next to the swimming pool with small Jelly fish, whenever this happened Aldo would put a red flag up and tell guests of the problem. We stayed on a B & B basis and found breakfast more than adequate. There are a lot of bars close by. The number 2 bar and the Red Lion are a 3 or 4 minute walk up the hill that both served good snacks and meals. Beer around 2.30 Euros and a nice cocktail around 5 Euros. There are many good restaurants all within 5 - 10 minutes walk towards Funchal town. Overall, we found the hotel and staff to be very good and we will definitely be returning soon as we had such a relaxing and enjoyable time here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Quinta da Penha de França is situated in the best area of Funchal, with access tp the sea, 76 rooms , beautiful gardens, restaurants and bars. We wish you a very pleasant stay in one of the most traditional Madeira houses. Come visit us.... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Hotelopia so you can book your Quinta Da Penha De Franca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Da Penha De Franca Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Penha Franca
- Quinta Da Penha Franca
- Quinta Da Penha De Franca Madeira/Funchal