Hotel The Cliff Bay
US$309
US$194
Elvoline
3,168 results
All reviewsrose gardenmichelin star restaurantil gallopollofunchal viewle cliff barsea levellower poolpool stafftop floorwonderful hotelreturning guestssea waternothing is too much troublespa areadress codespa treatments
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 April 2011

Friendly, spotlessly clean hotel set in beautiful gardens. I think this possibly had the most comfortable bed I have ever had in a hotel. We only booked a room and breakfast as we like to try the local restaurants, but the hotel menus did look good! Most mornings we were able to enjoy breakfast sitting outside in the garden overlooking the sea - a great start to the day. We had a good sea view from our room and were able to watch cruise liners arrive at the port. At night we could see the lights glittering on the ships and in Funchal town. The hotel provide a towelling bathrobe which is handy for going to/from the swimming pools. We often walked to Funchal town centre (about 20mins) but did use the local bus a couple of times - bus stops are quite close to the hotel. I celebrated my birthday during my stay and was surprised to arrive back after a day out to find the hotel had placed a birthday cake and card in my room - thank you Cliff Bay!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank karenphil2000
JanRingertz, General Manager at Hotel The Cliff Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2011

Thank you for your feedback. Sleeping is actually a very important part of your holidays so we give extra attention to details of our beds. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed our facilities and services and I hope that we managed to make your birthday a special one. I very much look forward to welcome you back in a near future.

Reviewed 17 April 2011

Just returned from the fabulous Cliff Bay, our first time to Madeira, but, definitely not our last. We fell in love with the hotel and the island. The Cliff Bay certainly deserves it's 5* rating - awesome views, lovely rooms, superb facilities and friendly and very helpful staff. We were very lucky and had super weather all week. Can highly recommend Restaurant Tokos (just turn left outside the hotel) super little restaurant, excellent food and highly entertaining banter from the owner/chef and his staff. Lots of good places to eat in Funchal, and everywhere the Maderian people are so friendly and have a wicked sense of humour. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tomlinson_11

Thank you for your kind feedback. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your recent holidays at our hotel and that we managed to correspond to your expectations. Madeira is such a beautiful island with very friendly people. I very much look forward to welcome you back in a near future.

Reviewed 10 April 2011

We stayed at the Cliff Bay hotel for a week to celebrate my mother's 80th Birthday. The hotel was beautiful, the service impeccable and the staff could not have done more to make my mother's birthday special. I would highly recommend the champagne breakfast!!
We shall certainly be returning.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank SMa24
JanRingertz, General Manager at Hotel The Cliff Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2011

Thank you for giving your feedback here at Tripadvisor. I am pleased to learn that you had a pleasant celebration of your mother’s special day. We very much look forward to welcome you back in a near future.

Reviewed 4 April 2011

Following extensive research (we used to stay at the Savoy before they pulled it down), including reading the various comments on TA, we chose to spend our honeymoon at the Cliff Bay in August/September 2010 and cannot speak too highly of the staff and establishment - we enjoyed it so much we are returning for our anniversary in August 2011.

Helpful and friendly staff, lovely rooms, gorgeous views and fabulous food - can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DJ_DR

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your holidays here at The Cliff Bay. Our staff do their very best to give a memorable holiday experience. We look forward to welcome you back in August for your special occasion.

Reviewed 25 March 2011

It's just very good......
It's not cheap, but as it's five star you shouldn't be expecting cheap !
Good service, Good food, Good rooms ,Good surroundings,Good facilities.

The sort of place where all the staff remember who you are, even when you're not a rock star.............

Highly recomended.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank JFGSO16

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you appreciate our hotel and our facilities. We try our very best to offer memorable stays even if you are not a rock star…
Hoping of the pleasure to welcome you back in a near future.