My husband and I have just returned from a week at the Cliff Bay. It was absolutely wonderful and already we hope to return next Easter with our best friends.We were lucky too in that our stay coincided with the hotel's Michelin-star food festival, so we were able to go to several brilliant demonstrations by various chefs, and enjoy wine and Madeira-tasting.
In particular we would like to say how efficient and welcoming the staff were from chambermaid to General Manager. The chefs must be working incredibly hard round the clock, but Benoit and his team were unfailingly friendly and fascinating!
Thank you to all who work at the Cliff Bay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Atlantic Ocean stretches as far as the eye can see at the foot of The Cliff Bay which is perched on the top of a natural promontory. The hotel is surrounded by gardens with innumerable secluded corners and centenary palm trees extending to the very edge of the cliff face. The panorama is completed by a magnificent view over the bay of Funchal to the left of the hotel.The most influential restaurant guide in the world, the Michelin Guide, has awarded a star to Il Gallo d'Oro, The Cliff Bay's gourmet restaurant run by Chef Benoît Sinthon. This is Madeira's first and only star ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel The Cliff Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff Bay - Porto Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Porto Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Madeira
- Hotel The Cliff Bay Madeira/Funchal