Lovely spacious Hotel, beautiful room overlooking the harbour and cruise ships. Wonderful service from Housekeeping staff
Buffet dinner good but a bit repetative,more than a week would have been too much.
When paying the bill I felt my disabled husband was being slightly patronised by the reception staff.
However the hotel is wonderfully appointed for disabled visitors it's a pity that Madeira isn't, we had difficulty navigating the cobbles and uneven pavements. Ramps paid lip service to the law, I had to lift our scooter off the pavement and up the other side once. Beware disabled travellers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Atlantic Ocean stretches as far as the eye can see at the foot of The Cliff Bay which is perched on the top of a natural promontory. The hotel is surrounded by gardens with innumerable secluded corners and centenary palm trees extending to the very edge of the cliff face. The panorama is completed by a magnificent view over the bay of Funchal to the left of the hotel.The most influential restaurant guide in the world, the Michelin Guide, has awarded a star to Il Gallo d'Oro, The Cliff Bay's gourmet restaurant run by Chef Benoît Sinthon. This is Madeira's first and only star ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel The Cliff Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff Bay - Porto Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Porto Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Madeira
- Hotel The Cliff Bay Madeira/Funchal