I stayed here some nights but it was a wonderful short visit.
I have seen a lot of other hotels nearby and finally I have found it the best choice on the Lido for relax. (see real photos by guests on „tripadvisor" and leave studio photos on official website:) ) After I have moved to another hotel to be in the center of Funchal but it is another story.
The hotel was clean and spacious with lovely communal areas (pools, garden, rocks etc). The staff were very helpful. Breakfasts are a great selection that you can have something different every day and not get bored. Spa area is wonderfully relaxing and has a great selection of treatments.
My room was comfortable, clean and spacious(more than I imagine). I booked a garden view room, but when I arrived I realised it was a room with a sea view..(Funchal, Reid's Palace and sea as well). I think it is the best side of the hotel. It was very quiet.
The bed was large and comfortable and there was everything in the room you would expect from a hotel of this class. And last but not least I had a very spacious bathroom with a bath, shower and many articles of vanity, too.
For me the location was very great, everything so close (on the Lido), but still far away from the noise. City center a little bit far from here.
If you really want, you can find small faults but do not mention it.
I was not a „Mystery Guest”:)
I got a very good deal and for what I paid for this hotel, it was amazing value for money.
If I come back to Madeira, I will stay at this hotel again, I am sure! I would recommend it for everyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Atlantic Ocean stretches as far as the eye can see at the foot of The Cliff Bay which is perched on the top of a natural promontory. The hotel is surrounded by gardens with innumerable secluded corners and centenary palm trees extending to the very edge of the cliff face. The panorama is completed by a magnificent view over the bay of Funchal to the left of the hotel.The most influential restaurant guide in the world, the Michelin Guide, has awarded a star to Il Gallo d'Oro, The Cliff Bay's gourmet restaurant run by Chef Benoît Sinthon. This is Madeira's first and only star ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel The Cliff Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff Bay - Porto Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Porto Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Madeira
- Hotel The Cliff Bay Madeira/Funchal