Having been a regular traveler to Madeira over the years and stayed a few nice hotels I thought I would try out The Cliff Bay for the first time. Located only a few minuets drive out of Funchal and with superb views of the bay and coastline, the hotel is well positioned on many fronts!
I arrived early evening with a taxi paying 38 Euros and was checked in quickly and then escorted to my very nice room with views over the ocean. After spending much of the on a plane I put some walking shoes on and ventured down to the town for a bit to eat and some fresh air. The room was well decorated with plenty of space in to unwind and cupboards to hang cloths. A good night sleep was interrupted by the beautiful sun saying good morning to me! I put on my gym cloths and headed down to the indoor pool and gym. The facility is ideal, perfect size and as one fellow gym user said "how good is this".........well a good work out and nice swim made me ready for a good breakfast! The breakfast buffet was a delight with even a few nice bottles of local Champagne to prepare a good Mimosa with......the food was fresh, full of tropical fruits and a good mix of breads, cereals and egg dishes to set us all up for the day!
With a full tummy full, I was set for a day of Levada walking on the stunning island, one of my favorite activities and a great way to really see and explore Madeira, well apart from sampling a few drops of the local wines or a game of golf on the stunning courses.
The choice of The Cliff Bay proved a great decision and one I can calmly recommend! The hotel has a good mix, 3 pools and when the Atlantic is calm and warm, great to swim in. Perfect for families or even a romantic couple, you won't be disappointed with very friendly staff who are always looking to please you. Keep smiling must be their motto!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Atlantic Ocean stretches as far as the eye can see at the foot of The Cliff Bay which is perched on the top of a natural promontory. The hotel is surrounded by gardens with innumerable secluded corners and centenary palm trees extending to the very edge of the cliff face. The panorama is completed by a magnificent view over the bay of Funchal to the left of the hotel.The most influential restaurant guide in the world, the Michelin Guide, has awarded a star to Il Gallo d'Oro, The Cliff Bay's gourmet restaurant run by Chef Benoît Sinthon. This is Madeira's first and only star ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel The Cliff Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff Bay - Porto Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Porto Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Madeira
- Hotel The Cliff Bay Madeira/Funchal