This is a little piece of heaven. The grounds around the hotel are absolutely gorgeous and so well maintained. Lots of seats here and there so you can find your own little peaceful place.
The hotel is located in a quiet area of the town and an easy enough walk to downtown Funchal.
The breakfast spread was simply astonishing. Everything you could wish for ( including champagne). A vast variety of hot and cold choices including omelettes made while you wait. Foodie heaven.
Service from staff is quite exceptional. Everyone was polite & accommodating.
Our room was spacious, bright, very comfortable, clean and had a lovely view towards Funchal.
Pleasant bar and attractive restaurants within the hotel. Evening meals, to be honest, weren't quite as good as we would have expected ( especially for the prices charged).
The pool areas were lovely to spend time around. We spent the start of the week at the upstairs one ( part of which is indoors) but found the lower pool area to be nicer, more spacious and more sheltered from the brisk breezes. The lower pool area has a casual beach type restaurant which was great for using during the day.
We sampled their afternoon teas on day and it was such a treat ....delicious .... I'm sure it would give the Savoy, Ritz etc in London a run for their money !
This hotel really is a treat to stay in with the most stunning floral displays in the main public areas.
We'd happily return here for a relaxing holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Atlantic Ocean stretches as far as the eye can see at the foot of The Cliff Bay which is perched on the top of a natural promontory. The hotel is surrounded by gardens with innumerable secluded corners and centenary palm trees extending to the very edge of the cliff face. The panorama is completed by a magnificent view over the bay of Funchal to the left of the hotel.The most influential restaurant guide in the world, the Michelin Guide, has awarded a star to Il Gallo d'Oro, The Cliff Bay's gourmet restaurant run by Chef Benoît Sinthon. This is Madeira's first and only star ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel The Cliff Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff Bay - Porto Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Porto Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Madeira
- Hotel The Cliff Bay Madeira/Funchal