We recently spent 5 nights here hoping for sun and relaxation. On arrival we were greeted by the concierge, checked in and given our room keys. Our bags were delivered to our room as our car was parked for us in the car park.
The room we were given wasn't really to our tastes and at the very end of the hotel. We decided to seek an alternative room the following morning. We were shown the only other 2 rooms left in the hotel and choose one on the 7th floor with a large sea view that suited us fine. The room was more expensive than the only originally booked but reception informed us there would be no extra charge which was very nice of them. We now settled in to enjoy our stay.
The breakfast's are delightful, easily the best choice and quality I have ever enjoyed. The hotel facilities are also to a very high standard and the extremely polite and pleasant staff are a credit to the hotel.
My wife was very ill one morning and the staff and management were very caring and helpful, calling the doctor and getting a prescription. Thank you so much for your assistance.
I would say that most of the clientele are retired and in their golden years so it's not a place I'd recommend to anyone in the younger crowd.
In summary an excellent hotel that is spotlessly clean and worthy of its 5 star's, it's reputation and returning guest's.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Atlantic Ocean stretches as far as the eye can see at the foot of The Cliff Bay which is perched on the top of a natural promontory. The hotel is surrounded by gardens with innumerable secluded corners and centenary palm trees extending to the very edge of the cliff face. The panorama is completed by a magnificent view over the bay of Funchal to the left of the hotel.The most influential restaurant guide in the world, the Michelin Guide, has awarded a star to Il Gallo d'Oro, The Cliff Bay's gourmet restaurant run by Chef Benoît Sinthon. This is Madeira's first and only star ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel The Cliff Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff Bay - Porto Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Porto Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Madeira
- Hotel The Cliff Bay Madeira/Funchal