We wanted a nice hotel for my nieces first real trip abroad, this did not fail! Nice is actually an understatement, this hotel is beautiful. From the stunning displays of flowers to the wonderful views from our hotel room (601).
The reception staff were fantastic and helped book tours, gave advice on buses and guides, also helped with the problem of a guest not acting accordingly.
The room service was great, food over all extremely tastey.
The room was very clean, spacious, and the balcony was very well used, as we sat and watched the cruise ships sail in and out of the harbour.
The swimming pools were great, relaxing and the bar just sets off one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in.
The town is close enough to walk although the free bus is great, although you must book in advance if needing travel into Funchal.
To buy your own drinks in a small super market suited us better and the shop being just 5 minutes away was great. A large Coral beer at the hotel was €5.50. At the supermarket you can buy 6 for just the same amount.
I would advise you take a boat trip whilst in Madeira, we have been twice now and both times we have been able to see Dolphins. You can book this through the hotel reception.
Heading across to the other side of the Island to Porto Maniz was amazing too, although the tour guide wasnt the greatest, there are lots of companies to choose from.
Can not wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Atlantic Ocean stretches as far as the eye can see at the foot of The Cliff Bay which is perched on the top of a natural promontory. The hotel is surrounded by gardens with innumerable secluded corners and centenary palm trees extending to the very edge of the cliff face. The panorama is completed by a magnificent view over the bay of Funchal to the left of the hotel.The most influential restaurant guide in the world, the Michelin Guide, has awarded a star to Il Gallo d'Oro, The Cliff Bay's gourmet restaurant run by Chef Benoît Sinthon. This is Madeira's first and only star ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TravelUp, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel The Cliff Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff Bay - Porto Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Porto Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Madeira
- Hotel The Cliff Bay Madeira/Funchal