We have been going to Madeira since 2003 but this was our first stat at The Cliff Bay. What a delightful experience and such a good choice.
Last year we looked in for lunch and were attracted by what we experienced, recommended it to friends who stayed there earlier this year giving us rave reviews. Therefore we extended our stay on the island for a further five nights bed and breakfast at The Cliff Bay.
Everything about this hotel is impressive.
On arrival you are welcomed by the doorman and your suitcases disappear only to reappear in your room. Reception staff are exceptionally efficient and helpful and our room, 606, had that wow factor you rarely get on entering a hotel room because the view from the wall to wall glass doors in the spacious and beautifully furnished space was so spectacular.
All fixtures, fittings , towels, robes and bedding are of high quality, room service every day, free wi if throughout the hotel, exceptional service wherever you go and food that is of the best . To make the outside dining in this paradise even more enjoyable the hotel had an eagle which watches over the cliff and garden that is the dining area so that gulls and pigeons do not trouble you, a rare sight to see an eagle in flight so close up if you venture to speak to its keeper.
This hotel is a must, check out holiday companies that do package holidays here as other guests told us of some great deals to be had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Atlantic Ocean stretches as far as the eye can see at the foot of The Cliff Bay which is perched on the top of a natural promontory. The hotel is surrounded by gardens with innumerable secluded corners and centenary palm trees extending to the very edge of the cliff face. The panorama is completed by a magnificent view over the bay of Funchal to the left of the hotel.The most influential restaurant guide in the world, the Michelin Guide, has awarded a star to Il Gallo d'Oro, The Cliff Bay's gourmet restaurant run by Chef Benoît Sinthon. This is Madeira's first and only star ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel The Cliff Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff Bay - Porto Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Porto Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Madeira
- Hotel The Cliff Bay Madeira/Funchal