This hotel was in the perfect position and we had a sea view room overlooking Funchal with Reid's Palace to the left. The room was lovely and the bed a very generous size. All mod cons including a fridge which was great for putting water in as its hot and activities mean you need to sip to keep rehydrated. The food was lovely. Breakfasts fantastic choice. Lunch was good and evening meals were ok. We ate in the Michelin restaurant and overrated for what it is really. We also ate al a carte and again for what it cost got better away from the hotel.
The staff were lovely and welcoming and really worked hard to make your stay great.
We started our holiday with an all over body massage and it really set us up for a relaxing chill out holiday. Would definitely recommend.
The pools were fab. sea water at sea level and standard chlorinated up above. Didn't get to go in the sea as the brown jelly fish were up but didn't need to as the facilities more than made up for it.
Had some wonderful tours, East and West plus Nuns Valley and some lavadas.
Would definitely recommend Madeira as a holiday destination especially if you don't want many kids around. Very genteel....loved it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Atlantic Ocean stretches as far as the eye can see at the foot of The Cliff Bay which is perched on the top of a natural promontory. The hotel is surrounded by gardens with innumerable secluded corners and centenary palm trees extending to the very edge of the cliff face. The panorama is completed by a magnificent view over the bay of Funchal to the left of the hotel.The most influential restaurant guide in the world, the Michelin Guide, has awarded a star to Il Gallo d'Oro, The Cliff Bay's gourmet restaurant run by Chef Benoît Sinthon. This is Madeira's first and only star ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, TravelUp, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel The Cliff Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff Bay - Porto Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Porto Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Madeira
- Hotel The Cliff Bay Madeira/Funchal