Fantastic hotel, in every way, location is first class with excellent views over the Atlantic, the hotel itself is beautiful and clean, with comfortable amenities.
The restaurants and bars are all you need, and the food is beyond belief.
However above all this, is the service, you cannot fault it, every member of staff greets you with a smile and a cheery hello.
Luis Soares, Restaurant manager, we must single out for a special mention, as a nicer more professional chap you will struggle to find.
If you are booked here, for an upcoming holiday, you are in for a real treat. really is five star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Atlantic Ocean stretches as far as the eye can see at the foot of The Cliff Bay which is perched on the top of a natural promontory. The hotel is surrounded by gardens with innumerable secluded corners and centenary palm trees extending to the very edge of the cliff face. The panorama is completed by a magnificent view over the bay of Funchal to the left of the hotel.The most influential restaurant guide in the world, the Michelin Guide, has awarded a star to Il Gallo d'Oro, The Cliff Bay's gourmet restaurant run by Chef Benoît Sinthon. This is Madeira's first and only star ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel The Cliff Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff Bay - Porto Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Porto Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Madeira
- Hotel The Cliff Bay Madeira/Funchal