This hotel has a top location and a beautiful view to the Atlantic Ocean !
+ points : Very large and clean rooms, and comfortable beds
Value of food of breakfast is very good
Very clean and quiet hotel ! Nice and fresh flowers everywhere !
Dinner at Portuguese Evening was top !
Swimming pool and pool service is ok
- points : Juices at breakfast are not good, why no fresh juices or quality orange juice ?
Theme buffet in the evening, we found poor, no choice and the dessert was a mess,
too expensive, we were happy we didn't book half board.
Too quiet maybe ?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Atlantic Ocean stretches as far as the eye can see at the foot of The Cliff Bay which is perched on the top of a natural promontory. The hotel is surrounded by gardens with innumerable secluded corners and centenary palm trees extending to the very edge of the cliff face. The panorama is completed by a magnificent view over the bay of Funchal to the left of the hotel.The most influential restaurant guide in the world, the Michelin Guide, has awarded a star to Il Gallo d'Oro, The Cliff Bay's gourmet restaurant run by Chef Benoît Sinthon. This is Madeira's first and only star ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Ebookers, Priceline, TravelUp, Booking.com, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel The Cliff Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff Bay - Porto Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Porto Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Madeira
- Hotel The Cliff Bay Madeira/Funchal