We came here for the first time because of the top reviews and were not disappointed. Top class facilities friendly efficient staff for whom nothing was too much trouble. Beautiful grounds and pool areas. Everything was spotlessly clean including the outside areas. Very impressive.
We didn't manage to eat at Gallo d'Oro so can't comment but the food at the rose garden was excellent and the setting spectacular. Our first time on Maderia and we would love to visit again and when we do we will stay at the Cliff Bay as we felt we got excellent value for our hard earned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Atlantic Ocean stretches as far as the eye can see at the foot of The Cliff Bay which is perched on the top of a natural promontory. The hotel is surrounded by gardens with innumerable secluded corners and centenary palm trees extending to the very edge of the cliff face. The panorama is completed by a magnificent view over the bay of Funchal to the left of the hotel.The most influential restaurant guide in the world, the Michelin Guide, has awarded a star to Il Gallo d'Oro, The Cliff Bay's gourmet restaurant run by Chef Benoît Sinthon. This is Madeira's first and only star ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel The Cliff Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff Bay - Porto Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Porto Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Madeira
- Hotel The Cliff Bay Madeira/Funchal