We have just returned from 10 days at this hotel. We travelled with our three month old son. It is true that Maderia is largely visted by the over 60's but to be fair this did not bother us one bit (we are both 30). The climate is great for infants/toddlers.
We stayed in a standard garden view room - but it did have a great view of the ocean. Rooms were large - great for us as we had a cot but at no point did we find it crowded. The room had two double beds pushed together to make a king. Nice marble bathroom - with shower, toilet area, bath and double sink. PLenty of space and very well kept. There was loads of spae in the wardrobe (loads of hangers and stuff). There was also a seating area - small sofa, chair and glass coffee table. There was also a flat screen with a dvd player and surround system. And also a mini-bar. So all in all a great room - plus reasonably large balcony with great views.
As we had a 3 month old - we had room service every nite which was excellent - a tad on the expensive side but in ten nites we only had one dud meal - which boardered on average but was ok nonetheless. Breakfast was great - huge buffet - loads of choice and very well done. We also tried the Blue lagoon - at the water level one day - we were very dissapointed with this - poor food, overpriced - but - stella views and a great look and feel.
So all in all - a great hotel - excellent facilities and location. Great and friendly staff. Would suit all types and ages.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Atlantic Ocean stretches as far as the eye can see at the foot of The Cliff Bay which is perched on the top of a natural promontory. The hotel is surrounded by gardens with innumerable secluded corners and centenary palm trees extending to the very edge of the cliff face. The panorama is completed by a magnificent view over the bay of Funchal to the left of the hotel.The most influential restaurant guide in the world, the Michelin Guide, has awarded a star to Il Gallo d'Oro, The Cliff Bay's gourmet restaurant run by Chef Benoît Sinthon. This is Madeira's first and only star ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Expedia, Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel The Cliff Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff Bay - Porto Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Porto Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Madeira
- Hotel The Cliff Bay Madeira/Funchal