The hotel itself was excellent- lovely big rooms overlooking the sea- clean and modern furniture (although the bed was very hard!). Hotel is in a good position right on the sea front-the pool area is ideal and no-one while we were there ever came down early to put towels on sunbeds!.
Downside to this hotel is the food - definitely not 5 star - I would rate it at as a 3 star. The breakfasts had a fairly good variety of food but the bacon, eggs etc were never hot (just warm) even when the trays of food were just brought out from the kitchen. Not enough attention is paid to replacing empty trays of food either. If half board you can only eat in one restaurant which is the same one as breakfast again the food is barely warm. There is very little variety in the main course and no food is cooked whilst you wait i.e meat, fish etc.
There is very little atmosphere in the hotel it does not have a buzz about it - dont know why - maybe its the price of the drinks keeping people away or just the general layout.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA has a privileged ocean front position with direct access to the Atlantic. It is located on the main touristic area of "Lido", at walking distance from shopping centres, bars, bus stops, supermarkets and tourist attractions. The Madeira International Airport is only at 18 km. Designed in a modern architectural style, the Hotel offers 300 quite spacious rooms (39m2), all sea facing and with private balconies overlooking the gardens and the Atlantic Ocean. Rooms are equipped with individual air-conditioned/heated system, cable TV, sitting area and desk, tea and coffee making facilities, free safe, fridge and Wi-Fi. The room service is available around the clock. VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA offers a wide variety of restaurants. Here you can discover the DINE AROUND concept featuring open air, sea view and sunset dining options. From romantic dinners to family fun restaurants, Dine Around privileges a special dining scheme that allows VIDAMAR guests to sample around various cuisines throughout the Resort: the international Ocean Buffet Restaurant, the Italian Mamma Mia, the Madeiran Casa das Espetadas and the Japanese KOI Sushi Bar. The Sea Platform, the biggest on the Island, offers infinity salted water swimming pools as well as private and direct access to the Ocean, restaurant, bar, multi-activity court and Aquatica Kids World. For those who look for a sport experience, the VIDA Health Club offers several group classes and cardio fitness equipment, floodlight tennis court, squash court, tennis table, as well as an Aqua Area with indoor heated swimming pool, Jacuzzi and sauna. All facilities are free to our guests. The seaside MAR Thalasso SPA guarantees sensory journeys or, at least, relaxing experiences assured by the animated Talassotherapy swimming pool, the 14 treatment rooms (one exterior) and the magnificent views to the Ocean from all spa areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your VidaMar Resort Hotel Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort & Sea Spa Hotel Funchal
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort And Sea Spa
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Hotel Sea
- VidaMar Resort Hotel Madeira Funchal