A visit to Madeira has been on our agenda for some time and clearly we waited too long. The November climate was a revelation such that we asked at least half a dozen people if this was the norm and were reassured that the lovely weather was not exceptional for the time of year.
The hotel is a modern classic. As soon as you walk into reception you have a view of the ocean and this continues throughout the hotel. The front of the hotel is an atrium and the public areas are enormous so that you always have an airy and spacious feeling. The tiered levels of the hotel are well landscaped and lead down onto a huge pool deck which sits right at the sea edge. All the facilities are equally well presented and well attended. The spa facilities, I am sure, would be the envy of any hotel. The rooms are very well appointed and looking out over the balcony you could believe you were on a cruise ship. All this is matched by a courteous, helpful and friendly service at every location in the hotel.
Finally, the hotel itself is in a very convenient location with plenty of alternative dining choices and a comfortable 20 - 25 minute walk into the centre of Funchal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA has a privileged ocean front position with direct access to the Atlantic. It is located on the main touristic area of "Lido", at walking distance from shopping centres, bars, bus stops, supermarkets and tourist attractions. The Madeira International Airport is only at 18 km. Designed in a modern architectural style, the Hotel offers 300 quite spacious rooms (39m2), all sea facing and with private balconies overlooking the gardens and the Atlantic Ocean. Rooms are equipped with individual air-conditioned/heated system, cable TV, sitting area and desk, tea and coffee making facilities, free safe, fridge and Wi-Fi. The room service is available around the clock. VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA offers a wide variety of restaurants. Here you can discover the DINE AROUND concept featuring open air, sea view and sunset dining options. From romantic dinners to family fun restaurants, Dine Around privileges a special dining scheme that allows VIDAMAR guests to sample around various cuisines throughout the Resort: the international Ocean Buffet Restaurant, the Italian Mamma Mia, the Madeiran Casa das Espetadas and the Japanese KOI Sushi Bar. The Sea Platform, the biggest on the Island, offers infinity salted water swimming pools as well as private and direct access to the Ocean, restaurant, bar, multi-activity court and Aquatica Kids World. For those who look for a sport experience, the VIDA Health Club offers several group classes and cardio fitness equipment, floodlight tennis court, squash court, tennis table, as well as an Aqua Area with indoor heated swimming pool, Jacuzzi and sauna. All facilities are free to our guests. The seaside MAR Thalasso SPA guarantees sensory journeys or, at least, relaxing experiences assured by the animated Talassotherapy swimming pool, the 14 treatment rooms (one exterior) and the magnificent views to the Ocean from all spa areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your VidaMar Resort Hotel Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort And Sea Spa
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort & Sea Spa Hotel Funchal
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Hotel Sea
- VidaMar Resort Hotel Madeira Funchal