We booked our first deal with Travelzoo to this hotel on a half-board basis for 10 days (still there now!). Since we arrived we have been made to feel very welcome and appreciated as a guest by all the staff. The hotel itself is very modern and minimalistic, but it is immaculately clean and we like the feel. The food has been extremely good and we appreciate Sally's breakfast omlettes which are always served with a smile. The restaurant has a nice ambiance to it, not like some of the AI hotels where you feel you are in a canteen. The hotel is only 40% occupied at the moment, so service has been exceptional - not sure how all the guests would be catered for when full in the summer. One slight disappointment is the Piano Bar which isn't very well supported in the evenings. We think it is because the bar is right round the corner and guests gaze in but never enter - perhaps it's because they can't see the bar. Lots of seating areas around and in the building, so you can always find a nice little quiet area to sit and read and lovely outside area with beds and towels provided. Haven't yet used the indoor pool/sauna/steam room but intend to tomorrow. We have used the dine around at Mama Mia a couple of times, which we can highly recommend. The bedrooms are superb - all facing the sea which is a bit rough today and quite noisy, but exciting to watch. Would certainly recommend paying €6 for the minibar contents, then you can use the fridge for water etc. Tea & coffee making facilities in bedroom, but bring your own teabags if you want a decent cup of tea from the restaurant! If you have long hair bring your own hairdryer or you might be drying for a long time!! Another few bonuses here is free wi-fi is available throughout the hotel, including bedroom, and the safe is free to use. The hotel is extremely well located, with both the yellow & red sightseeing bus stops just at the top of the drive, as are the local buses into Funchal - or you can walk in about 25 minutes. If you hire a car, there is a large free underground car park at the hotel. The surrounding area has a nice feel to it, especially the lido area - superb Italian at far end - and there are lots of modern 5* hotels, restaurants and bars. We did have a problem getting afternoon tea yesterday and had to wait ages for room service to bring it to reception, and then they got it wrong. But as this is the only negative comment we can make, you can see it is somewhere where we will definitely consider returning to again - hopefully next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA has a privileged ocean front position with direct access to the Atlantic. It is located on the main touristic area of "Lido", at walking distance from shopping centres, bars, bus stops, supermarkets and tourist attractions. The Madeira International Airport is only at 18 km. Designed in a modern architectural style, the Hotel offers 300 quite spacious rooms (39m2), all sea facing and with private balconies overlooking the gardens and the Atlantic Ocean. Rooms are equipped with individual air-conditioned/heated system, cable TV, sitting area and desk, tea and coffee making facilities, free safe, fridge and Wi-Fi. The room service is available around the clock. VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA offers a wide variety of restaurants. Here you can discover the DINE AROUND concept featuring open air, sea view and sunset dining options. From romantic dinners to family fun restaurants, Dine Around privileges a special dining scheme that allows VIDAMAR guests to sample around various cuisines throughout the Resort: the international Ocean Buffet Restaurant, the Italian Mamma Mia, the Madeiran Casa das Espetadas and the Japanese KOI Sushi Bar. The Sea Platform, the biggest on the Island, offers infinity salted water swimming pools as well as private and direct access to the Ocean, restaurant, bar, multi-activity court and Aquatica Kids World. For those who look for a sport experience, the VIDA Health Club offers several group classes and cardio fitness equipment, floodlight tennis court, squash court, tennis table, as well as an Aqua Area with indoor heated swimming pool, Jacuzzi and sauna. All facilities are free to our guests. The seaside MAR Thalasso SPA guarantees sensory journeys or, at least, relaxing experiences assured by the animated Talassotherapy swimming pool, the 14 treatment rooms (one exterior) and the magnificent views to the Ocean from all spa areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your VidaMar Resort Hotel Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort And Sea Spa
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort & Sea Spa Hotel Funchal
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Hotel Sea
- VidaMar Resort Hotel Madeira Funchal