We stayed on the 9th floor for a week. The room was excellent and always absolutely clean. The hotel is huge and very modern. The staff cannot do enough for you. The gym is very good, the dine around option were very enjoyable. My other half liked the buffet but for me more salad selection would be my preference. It was hot in out time and the pool area is large and plenty of beds and shades. The pool area could be more visually appealing but then you do have an infinity pool with the sea right there. Top tip is to have the fridge with the pre stocked items for 6 euros for the week and restock yourself from the supermarkets which have great wine and beer and so much cheaper than the uk. The wine was great quality and you can have the fridge restocked but the choice is yours. You can book tours when there or if the weather is not so good. We did the west coast tour which was very good and you can walk into Funchal and the old town and get the cable car to the top. You are right next to cliff bay and Reid's hotel and a short 15 tp 20 mins walk into the centre. There also very regular tour buses or normal buses outside the hotel. Best tip is ask for a room at the top or above level 5 but try for 7 to 10. All in all Funchal has very good hotels and you are spoilt for choice but this offers good half board value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA has a privileged ocean front position with direct access to the Atlantic. It is located on the main touristic area of "Lido", at walking distance from shopping centres, bars, bus stops, supermarkets and tourist attractions. The Madeira International Airport is only at 18 km. Designed in a modern architectural style, the Hotel offers 300 quite spacious rooms (39m2), all sea facing and with private balconies overlooking the gardens and the Atlantic Ocean. Rooms are equipped with individual air-conditioned/heated system, cable TV, sitting area and desk, tea and coffee making facilities, free safe, fridge and Wi-Fi. The room service is available around the clock. VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA offers a wide variety of restaurants. Here you can discover the DINE AROUND concept featuring open air, sea view and sunset dining options. From romantic dinners to family fun restaurants, Dine Around privileges a special dining scheme that allows VIDAMAR guests to sample around various cuisines throughout the Resort: the international Ocean Buffet Restaurant, the Italian Mamma Mia, the Madeiran Casa das Espetadas and the Japanese KOI Sushi Bar. The Sea Platform, the biggest on the Island, offers infinity salted water swimming pools as well as private and direct access to the Ocean, restaurant, bar, multi-activity court and Aquatica Kids World. For those who look for a sport experience, the VIDA Health Club offers several group classes and cardio fitness equipment, floodlight tennis court, squash court, tennis table, as well as an Aqua Area with indoor heated swimming pool, Jacuzzi and sauna. All facilities are free to our guests. The seaside MAR Thalasso SPA guarantees sensory journeys or, at least, relaxing experiences assured by the animated Talassotherapy swimming pool, the 14 treatment rooms (one exterior) and the magnificent views to the Ocean from all spa areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TravelUp, Splitty, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, Odigeo, Expedia, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your VidaMar Resort Hotel Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort And Sea Spa
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort & Sea Spa Hotel Funchal
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Hotel Sea
- VidaMar Resort Hotel Madeira Funchal