We are coming to the end of a week here. On our arrival the place was quiet but soon filled up. This hotel caters for a lot of Eastern Europeans with a smattering if English, French and German guests. This is a large hotel and to be honest it has very little atmosphere, most of its clients are well past the staying out late and getting drunk stage if life, so if you like quiet you have it.
The room we have is a good size with a view of the sea, comfy bed, air con and a decent shower. You will need a key for the mini bar.There are tea and coffee making facilities too.
Food is good, they don't put out huge trays of food but small quantities which they replenish. The food is better than many other places I have been. The other restaurants are linked to the hotel, and you are issued with 15 Euros credit each if you don't want the set menu. Mama Mia was fine.
To get to the pools you need to take two lifts, you do not want to forget something and have to return to your room for it. Once there you will find lots of sun beds and two large outside pools. There are indoor pools but we didn't bother. We sat by the pool till about 6.30 every evening and the sun was still out when we returned to our room.
The hotel has a fully equipped, proper gym. I tried a couple of spin classes , held on a shaded terrace with a lovely breeze, give it a go.
No, it's not a 5 star hotel, but I have not paid the price of a 5 star hotel and the end if the day this hotel is better than expected. Staff are efficient and friendly, Susie does great omelettes.
There is a nice breeze that comes off the sea which means lazing by the pool is very comfortable. I would happily return to this hotel but I doubt we will come back to Madeira. Enjoy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA has a privileged ocean front position with direct access to the Atlantic. It is located on the main touristic area of "Lido", at walking distance from shopping centres, bars, bus stops, supermarkets and tourist attractions. The Madeira International Airport is only at 18 km. Designed in a modern architectural style, the Hotel offers 300 quite spacious rooms (39m2), all sea facing and with private balconies overlooking the gardens and the Atlantic Ocean. Rooms are equipped with individual air-conditioned/heated system, cable TV, sitting area and desk, tea and coffee making facilities, free safe, fridge and Wi-Fi. The room service is available around the clock. VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA offers a wide variety of restaurants. Here you can discover the DINE AROUND concept featuring open air, sea view and sunset dining options. From romantic dinners to family fun restaurants, Dine Around privileges a special dining scheme that allows VIDAMAR guests to sample around various cuisines throughout the Resort: the international Ocean Buffet Restaurant, the Italian Mamma Mia, the Madeiran Casa das Espetadas and the Japanese KOI Sushi Bar. The Sea Platform, the biggest on the Island, offers infinity salted water swimming pools as well as private and direct access to the Ocean, restaurant, bar, multi-activity court and Aquatica Kids World. For those who look for a sport experience, the VIDA Health Club offers several group classes and cardio fitness equipment, floodlight tennis court, squash court, tennis table, as well as an Aqua Area with indoor heated swimming pool, Jacuzzi and sauna. All facilities are free to our guests. The seaside MAR Thalasso SPA guarantees sensory journeys or, at least, relaxing experiences assured by the animated Talassotherapy swimming pool, the 14 treatment rooms (one exterior) and the magnificent views to the Ocean from all spa areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your VidaMar Resort Hotel Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort & Sea Spa Hotel Funchal
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort And Sea Spa
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Hotel Sea
- VidaMar Resort Hotel Madeira Funchal