We had a very enjoyable stay at the end of November. Our room on the 7th floor was big, light and airy with a balcony which had fantastic views over the ocean. The room was cleaned to a high standard every day. The bathroom is a good size with two wash hand basins, a bidet, bath/shower and toilet, with clean towels every day.
Breakfast had a wide choice of buffet food. The tea and coffee could have been hotter but it's a very minor point (and when you are sat on a balcony in the warm air at the end of November who cares) The infinity pools are excellent with plenty of sun beds (OK it was November but still very hot) and very friendly poolside staff who supply the towels. The small restaurant by the pools served very good food from snacks to full meals and the snacks were very good value for money. We were on bed and breakfast so ate out most nights and there are plenty of good restaurants nearby. It's about a 40 minute leisurely walk into Funchal and a taxi only costs around 5 Euros.
There is an amazing spa room with a lot of optional treatments (extra cost) which we didn't use as we went out walking most days.
We had a couple of days of rain and just took a taxi into Funchal where there is plenty to see and do.
The service in the hotel was very good, we asked for extra pillows which arrived within about 15 minutes and the hotel does not supply milk in the room as standard but it was soon delivered after we requested it. The staff at reception are efficient which to some people may seem a bit stand-offish, but they get the job done quickly and without fuss, and a smile can work wonders.
We will definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA has a privileged ocean front position with direct access to the Atlantic. It is located on the main touristic area of "Lido", at walking distance from shopping centres, bars, bus stops, supermarkets and tourist attractions. The Madeira International Airport is only at 18 km. Designed in a modern architectural style, the Hotel offers 300 quite spacious rooms (39m2), all sea facing and with private balconies overlooking the gardens and the Atlantic Ocean. Rooms are equipped with individual air-conditioned/heated system, cable TV, sitting area and desk, tea and coffee making facilities, free safe, fridge and Wi-Fi. The room service is available around the clock. VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA offers a wide variety of restaurants. Here you can discover the DINE AROUND concept featuring open air, sea view and sunset dining options. From romantic dinners to family fun restaurants, Dine Around privileges a special dining scheme that allows VIDAMAR guests to sample around various cuisines throughout the Resort: the international Ocean Buffet Restaurant, the Italian Mamma Mia, the Madeiran Casa das Espetadas and the Japanese KOI Sushi Bar. The Sea Platform, the biggest on the Island, offers infinity salted water swimming pools as well as private and direct access to the Ocean, restaurant, bar, multi-activity court and Aquatica Kids World. For those who look for a sport experience, the VIDA Health Club offers several group classes and cardio fitness equipment, floodlight tennis court, squash court, tennis table, as well as an Aqua Area with indoor heated swimming pool, Jacuzzi and sauna. All facilities are free to our guests. The seaside MAR Thalasso SPA guarantees sensory journeys or, at least, relaxing experiences assured by the animated Talassotherapy swimming pool, the 14 treatment rooms (one exterior) and the magnificent views to the Ocean from all spa areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, TravelUp, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your VidaMar Resort Hotel Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort And Sea Spa
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort & Sea Spa Hotel Funchal
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Hotel Sea
- VidaMar Resort Hotel Madeira Funchal