Just returned from Pestana Palms to freezing old England! We were there from 2nd to 9th September. We just can't find anything to criticise about this lovely hotel and apartments. This was our third visit here and certainly not our last. Again, we were very fortunate to be upgraded on our arrival to a super apartment with amazing views out to sea and the beautiful gardens full of gorgeous flowers and trees. The apartment was spotless, cleaned every day, towels changed when you wanted them to be, beds made immaculately and sheets changed on a regular basis. The staff were absolutely wonderful. Friendly, cheerful, very efficient and eager to please. The breakfasts were to die for, again with everything you could possibly need to eat, you could even help yourself to a glass of bubbly! We thought we were in heaven sitting on the restaurant terrace with the sea directly below, watching the massive cruise liners arrive in Funchal harbour
lit up like fairyland. Quite amazing. The most attractive feature of this hotel is the Quinta in the grounds which is quite stunning. Housing the Vila Lido Bar and Restaurant, this building is beautiful and not overly used as far as we could see. Built as an elegant Portuguese Quinta it has three floors with lovely wooden staircases leading to the library, very restful lounge and recreational area on the top floor. We swam in the fabulous freshwater swimming pool every day, ate some great lunches in the pool restaurant - the Bolo do Caco (Garlic Bread) is a speciality of the island and must be tried! Funchal is a wonderful town, but slightly spoiled at the moment by massive improvements taking place in and near the harbour, but when finished will enhance an already beautiful waterfront. A visit to Monte on the cable car is an absolute must as is a trip to Cabo Girao, both easily accessible from the hotel by bus or taxi. There are plenty of very good restaurants near the hotel for a bit of variety and good walks for the fit/semi fit! Be aware though, that there are some VERY steep hills which do need climbing! AND do take sensible walking shoes as most of the pavements are made out of small mosaic tiles and will play havoc with your feet in thin soled shoes! All in all, another fantastic holiday - the only complaint being that we had to come home!! Thank you Pestana Palms for another fantastic holiday and we really look forward to seeing you all again next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pestana Palms is a 4-star hotel in Funchal, located along the coast of the Atlantic Ocean, with direct beach access. Built along the seafront, the Pestana Palms is located in Funchal's hotel zone, 20 minutes on foot from the city centre. Its splendid and original architecture combining modern and traditional styles ensure all of the hotel's rooms have incredible views of the sea. In the modern building, you will find the guest rooms and the restaurant. In the traditional building, an old Manor House surrounded by gardens, you will find the common areas. This hotel offers an outdoor swimming pool with views of Funchal's cliffs. Reserve some time for your mind and body at the Health Club equipped with a jacuzzi and a massage room. Take the opportunity to learn to dive at the hotel's Dive School and visit Madeira's Underwater Reserve. Madeira International Airport is located 23 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , World Independent Hotel Promotion, PESTANA MANAGEMENT - Servicos de Gestao S.A., Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pestana Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Palms Ocean Aparthotel Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Palms Ocean Aparthotel Funchal
- Pestana Palms Madeira/Funchal