Recently Stayed for one week in one of the studio apartments as a timeshare exchange.
Studio clean and well maintained. Bathroom quite spacious with shower over the bath. Very small kitchenette with very little room to cook light meals although it was well equipped with overly large pans etc. Large king size bed with sitting area which led onto a large balcony/ terrace overlooking the lovely gardens and sea. As the flooring is tiled we continually heard others walking about in corridors and in other apartments.
All reception staff helpful. Bar staff very professional and pleasant. We warmed to the young trainee waitress who was learning the ropes at the Cocktail hours. Loved sitting in the sunny gardens catching the last of the sunshine. The Quinta part of the complex is beautiful inside and out and has a very traditional colonial atmosphere. Wi if is very temperamental and slow and only available in public reception area.
Unfortunately, we were next door to guests with loud voices with one who slept on the balcony all night in a sofa bed ......we have never experienced before in this standard of accommodation!
Great having the large supermarket across the road and accessibility of all the restaurants nearby. Enjoyed being near to the Lido for walks etc.
We have visited Madeira many, many times and stay in another timeshare but unsure if we would stay here again ....but appreciate that others love it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pestana Palms is a 4-star hotel in Funchal, located along the coast of the Atlantic Ocean, with direct beach access. Built along the seafront, the Pestana Palms is located in Funchal's hotel zone, 20 minutes on foot from the city centre. Its splendid and original architecture combining modern and traditional styles ensure all of the hotel's rooms have incredible views of the sea. In the modern building, you will find the guest rooms and the restaurant. In the traditional building, an old Manor House surrounded by gardens, you will find the common areas. This hotel offers an outdoor swimming pool with views of Funchal's cliffs. Reserve some time for your mind and body at the Health Club equipped with a jacuzzi and a massage room. Take the opportunity to learn to dive at the hotel's Dive School and visit Madeira's Underwater Reserve. Madeira International Airport is located 23 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, PESTANA MANAGEMENT - Servicos de Gestao S.A., Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Pestana Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Palms Ocean Aparthotel Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Palms Ocean Aparthotel Funchal
- Pestana Palms Madeira/Funchal