The very best thing about this hotel is hearing the sea as you wake up. The rooms all overlook the sea and are large and clean, best bed ever! The staff work very hard and all but one always had a smile. The food is ok but I have had a better selection in a three star hotel.
Lovely walk to neighbouring fishing port along the beach.
The worse bits: entertaiment is not great, that said the area is so small you could not fit more than 30 around it if it was good.
The area around the hotel is dangerous, the promenade has collapsed leaving big holes,exposed pipes and sharp edges. The tunnel on the path to Funchal is closed too. Either sides of the hotel are abandoned building sites too.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pestana Ocean Bay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Bay Ocean Aparthotel Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Bay Ocean Aparthotel Funchal
- Pestana Bay Hotel Madeira
- Pestana Ocean Bay Hotel Madeira/Funchal